Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to true resort living where everyday feels like a vacation. Living at the Villages of Rio Del Sol, means never having to leave home, unless it's a bike ride to the clubhouse or another included amenity. Have questions? We have the answers, enjoy as you discover more below.
- How much is the HOA at Rio Del Sol?
- The HOA will be $256.00 per month and includes Spectrum cable and other amenities to the community.
- What is the tax rate at Rio Del Sol?
- The Tax Rate for Rio Del Sol is 1.3%.
- What types of amenities does Rio Del Sol offer?
- Rio Del Sol boasts quite a few amenities such as;
- Tennis Courts
- Walking Paths
- Manned Front Gate
- How many homes are in the Villages of Rio Del Sol?
- The Villages at Rio Del Sol (Montecito, Palazzo, Espana, and Elements) will consist of 220 homes at build out. In total the entire Rio Del Sol community will consist of 487 homes at build out.
- How may floor plans and elevations are available?
- There are a total of 11 single story floor plans; 3 in the Montecito, 3 in the Palazzo, 2 in the Espana and 3 in Elements, each with multiple elevation types.
- What are the sizes of the homes?
- The three floor plans in the Montecito collection will range from 1,613 square feet to 1,872 square feet and will consist of 2 bedrooms plus study to 3 bedrooms, 2½- 3 baths. The three floor plans in the Palazzo collection will range from 1,959 square feet to 2,274 square feet and consist of 2 bedrooms plus study to 3 bedrooms plus study, 2½ - 3 baths. The Espana collection has 2 plans ranging from 1,401 to 1,515 square feet and consists of 2 bedrooms, 2 baths to 2 bedrooms plus Casita and 2½ baths. The three Elements collection plans are 2,090 to 2,539 square feet with 2 primary suites to 2 bedrooms plus office and Casita, 2½ - 3½ baths.
- What school district is The Villages at Rio Del Sol?
- The Villages at Rio Del Sol is located in the Palm Springs Unified School District. Also, there are private schools nearby.
- Do Homeowners own the land?
- In The Villages of Rio Del Sol, homeowners will lease the land. Please see the Lease Land FAQ for more information.
- Will The Villages of Rio Del Sol Co-operate with outside brokers?
- GHA Realty prides itself on working with the local brokerage community, and only requires that the brokers register their clients at the initial showing or inquiry.
Lease Land FAQ
- What is lease land?
- In the United States, when you purchase property, its most commonly "fee simple" (fee land), which means that you own the land and the property. In a few parts of the U.S., including the Coachella Valley, certain properties are purchased with different types of property rights, called "lease land." Leased land is common in many parts of the world and not as confusing as it may seem initially. Indian lease land has been part of US history since the 1800s.
- How much will I pay monthly?
- Your Rio Del Sol home with cost $140.00 per month for the Montecito and $152.00 per month for the Palazzo. Espana will cost $137.00 per month, while the Elements land lease is $157.00.
- How often is it adjusted and how much?
- The rate increase for the lease is every five years, with the next rate increase occurring on January 1, 2026, and again every five years thereafter. Maximum allowable increase per 5 year period is 5%.
- How long of a term will I have?
- Your Rio Del Sol home will have a lease of 49 years with a lease end date of January 8, 2071.
- Can I get a mortgage on lease land?
- Yes, you can finance your new Rio Del Sol Home. Some mortgages have minimal down payment requirements, term requirements, and other specific conditions. Also, interest rates tend to be the same for lease and fee simple land. All loans for Rio Del Sol are to be Leasehold Mortgages.
***Keep in mind the above description only touches on a few key elements of the land lease at The Villages at Rio Del Sol. For further information and to view the lease in its entirety, please ask a sales representative.
Before you enter into a transaction on a land lease, you should read and review all contracts, leases, and information about the specific lease as all leases are unique and subject to changes. We recommend you consult with your accountant, attorney, and tax advisor prior to making any real estate purchases on lease land. ***